Head Chefs is currently needed in Canada, and the payment is negotiable. If you are looking to work as a Chef in Canada, then this is the opportunity for you and yourself.
The position of being a head chef is needed in Canada, it is full time and the advert was recently added to the list of online jobs. Anyways, the JOB offer is still ongoing.
1. Job Title: Head Chef
2. Company: Kids & Company
3. Country: Canada
5. State/City: Dartmouth
6. Salary: Negotiable
7. Positions available: 1
8. Publication Date: 18/12/2018
9. ID: 157129269
1. Responsible for all the cooking, baking and food preparation for delivery to daycare centers on a day-to-day basis.
2. Ensure safe food storage and disposal; includes taking daily logs of food temperature and refrigerator/freezer temperatures.
3. In addition to regular food production schedule, chef is responsible for preparing special meals and snacks for all allergen children, vegetarians and any other special dietary needs.
4. Ensure the accuracy and updated list of allergen children every month.
5. Be accountable for ordering all food supplies and kitchen equipment from head office weekly.
6. Ensure effective cost control by minimizing waste, proper food allocation, controlling food inventories and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
7. Complies with all health and hygiene requirements under all food safety and handling legislation.
8. Oversees kitchen operations including scheduled cleaning and sanitizing of appliances, counters cupboards and drawers.
9. Require to prepare food for field trips, school age programs and community events from time to time.
10. May require to deliver prepared food to daycare centres on some occasions.
Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time on the needs of the daycare centres.
1. 3 – 5 years of Sous Chef or Executive Chef work related experience.
2. High School diploma/GED equivalency required; College/University coursework in culinary related program preferred.
3. Valid driver licenses and a clean driver’s abstract.
4. Current Food Handler Certification.
5. Red Seal designation or similar certification an asset.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel.
8. Experience in a daycare environment would be an asset.
9. Experience working in a high-volume kitchen environment.
10. Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and a strong team player.
11. Basic/intermediate mathematical skills including the ability to control food costs.
12. Selected candidate must have 2 pieces of valid government ID, and must be able to pass a background criminal check.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Kids & company! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Day: Full Time
Employment type: Permanent Job
Minimal experience: No experience